Notes to Newcomers

Welcome to Davidson County Schools!

If you have a child who has been receiving special education services, contact the base school in your attendance area and provide them with documentation of your child's special needs (i.e., a copy of the student's Individualized Education Program). As a newcomer to the system, you need to register your child for school.  You can't do anything else until your child is registered with Davidson County Schools.

When school is not in session, you may contact the Department of Exceptional Children, 218-C County School Road, Lexington NC 27292, or call 336-249-8182.

If you are concerned that your child might be in need of special education and/or related services, you should contact your school principal.